You can grow your partner’s super by making a spouse contribution into their Statewide account.
By making a spouse contribution, you may be eligible for a tax rebate of up to $540 if:
- Your spouse earns less than $10,800 a year
- You contribute $3,000 or more to their super account.
You may qualify for a partial rebate if:
- Your spouse has earned between $10,800 and $13,800
- The contribution was less than $3,000.
Opening an account for your spouse
- Access to Statewide Super insurance cover
- A choice of investment options
- Low fees and charges
- The ability to grow their super through spouse contributions.
Receiving spouse contributions
Your partner can also make a spouse contribution into your account and help you grow your super. We can accept contributions that your spouse pays into your account if:
- You’re under age 65
- You’re between ages 65 and 70 and have worked at least 40 hours in a consecutive period of 30 days.
Want someone to talk you through making spouse contributions? Call our friendly Client Services team on 1300 65 18 65.
For more detailed information, download the How super works booklet.
If you want to talk to someone about making any type of contribution, call us on 1300 65 18 65.
For personalised advice tailored to your needs, consider talking to a Financial Planner.
The information provided is of a general nature. In providing this information we have not taken into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Further, we recommend that professional financial advice should be sought from a qualified adviser with regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs before considering or acting on the appropriateness of the information given.