Find and consolidate your super
Combine your super accounts
These days, having more than one super account is a common thing. But did you know that it can also be really costly?
Having more than one account means you could be paying more in fees and, over time, these fees can eat away at your super, taking a big chunk out of your final retirement balance.
By combining all of your other super into your Statewide Super account you can:
- Save money by only paying for one, affordable, industry super fund account
- Keep track of your retirement savings more easily
- Reduce the paperwork and statements you regularly receive from other funds
- Give your super a real boost!
How do you combine your other super into Statewide Super?
It’s easy to do -just click here. You'll need to:
- Provide your personal details, including your Tax File Number (TFN) if you haven't already
- Tell us where you're transferring your super from.
Then we'll contact you to obtain authorisation before we organise to combine your other super accounts into Statewide Super.
Alternatively, you can fill in a little paperwork, and we'll do the rest from there.
- Download, print and complete the Combine your super form
- Return it to Statewide Super
- Let us take care of the rest
Any issues we welcome you to call one of our team on 1300 65 18 65.
Things to consider before you combine your super accounts
You should consider all relevant information before you make the decision to combine your super accounts. Things you should consider are:
- Fees – your from fund must give you information about any exit or withdrawal fees. If you are not aware of the fees that may apply, you should contact your fund for further information before completing this form. The fees could include administration fees, and exit or withdrawal fees. Your to fund may also charge entry or deposit fees on transfer. Differences in fees that funds charge can have a significant effect on the super you will have to retire on – for example, a 1% increase in fees may significantly reduce your final benefit.
- Death and disability benefits – your from fund may insure you against death, illness or an accident which leaves you unable to return to work. If you choose to leave your current fund, you may lose any insurance entitlements you have – other funds may not offer insurance, or may require you to pass a medical examination before they cover you.
- Costs and cover - When considering a new fund, you should consider checking the costs and amount of any cover offered.
Don’t know where your other super is?
If you think you might have super elsewhere, but you're not sure where, we can help!
Find your lost super
To find out if you have lost super, complete the secure online form below. You will need your TFN to complete the form.
Once your lost super is found, we can help you combine it into your Statewide Super account.
Besides lost super, we can also look for other super accounts that you may have but didn’t know about, either from changing jobs or just because you’ve forgotten.
The ATO online facility allows us to look for your super, and once your other accounts have been found, we’ll contact you and ask you if you want us to combine them into your Statewide Super account.
Want to talk to someone about consolidating? Call our friendly Client Services team on 1300 65 18 65.
For personalised advice tailored to your needs, consider talking to a Financial Planner.
The information provided is of a general nature. It does not consider your specific objectives, financial situation or needs nor is it intended to be financial product advice. You should consider the appropriateness of this general advice with regard to your personal circumstances, obtain independent financial advice and consider the applicable Product Disclosure Statement before making an investment decision