Your super matters to us
We work hard to ensure we will always be a sustainable super fund, because it’s our responsibility to protect and maximise your retirement savings. That’s why we take into account the things that could potentially affect the value and security of your retirement savings.
This is done by:
- Managing environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks across all of our investments where possible
- Participating in various sustainable investment networks and associations
- Supporting appropriate collaborative investor initiatives
- Adhering to our ESG and Proxy Voting Policy
- Offering a Sustainable Diversified investment option
- Acknowledging and managing the risk of climate change with a Climate Change Position Statement
- Reporting to members on our performance.
Networks and Associations
Statewide Super is a proud member of the following organisations:
- Australian Council of Super Investors (ACSI)
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Investor Group on Climate Change – Australia/New Zealand (IGCC)
- United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI)
UNPRI Transparency Report
But don’t just take our word for it. The independent super ratings agency SuperRatings awarded Statewide Super with its ‘Infinity’ recognition in 2021 – acknowledging us as a leader in sustainable superannuation.
As owners of shares in companies, super funds have a responsibility to participate in company voting opportunities. Resolutions are often about matters such as election of Board Directors, executive remuneration and other corporate governance matters. Most of Statewide Super’s investments are held with external investment managers who vote on behalf of Statewide Super in accordance with their own policies.
Statewide Super reviews its investment managers’ voting policies to ensure that they’re in alignment with our own ESG and Proxy Voting Policy and we also receive reports from each investment manager on an annual basis. The table shown below is a summary of the voting conducted by Statewide Super’s investment managers on its behalf.
Proxy Voting Activity
|12 months ending||Voted*||Votes||For||Against||Abstain||Withhold||Other||No Vote||Total available|
|31 December 2020||99.0%||21,293||19,079||1,608||281||83||242||224||21,517|
|30 June 2021||98.9%||26,259||23,396||1,928||422||359||154||292||26,551|
*The percentage of the votes cast against those that could be cast across all of Statewide Super's investment managers.
Where votes are not cast this is typically due to difficulties encountered in voting in emerging markets, share blocking or operational issues.