Apply for insurance
The simplest way towards peace-of-mind
As a Statewide Super member, you can apply for insurance cover online or apply to increase your existing cover at any time.
You can also apply to change your occupation scale, which may reduce the cost of your cover.
Statewide Super offers three occupation categories for members: standard, white collar and professional.
Depending on your occupation, you may be eligible for reduced premiums if you fall within the white collar or professional occupation categories.
If you’re an employer-sponsored member, you are automatically assigned to the ‘standard’ occupation category.
You may be eligible for the white collar category if:
- Your duties are of a clerical, administrative or management nature;
- At least 90% of these duties are undertaken in an office environment;
- None of your duties are of a manual nature.
To be eligible for the professional category you must:
- Meet all the criteria for the white collar occupation category;
- Undertake 100% of your duties in an office environment;
- Hold a tertiary qualification (e.g. diploma or degree) relevant to your current occupation, or be a member of the relevant professional institute of your occupation, or be engaged as a senior member of your employer’s management/executive team;
- You earn in excess of $100,000 per annum from your profession.
Automatic Acceptance of additional default cover
If you’re an employer-sponsored member, you can apply for additional default cover within the first 90 days of your membership. This means insurance is provided without the need for medical information. To apply for additional default cover, you will need to complete the Additional Default Cover form and send this to us.
Transfer your insurance
Do you have insurance with another super fund? Want it all in one convenient location? Why not apply* to transfer your insurance?
Transferring your insurance is an easier way to get Statewide Super insurance cover. To apply, simply complete the Transfer your insurance form, provide us with the most recent annual statement from your other fund showing your insurance, and send both of these to us.
How do I apply?
Getting the peace-of-mind that comes with Statewide Super insurance is easy.
If you’ve joined Statewide Super through your employer, you could be eligible to automatically receive four units of Income Protection insurance, and up to four units of standard Death & TPD insurance, depending on your age (employer-sponsored member). However if the automatic cover is not sufficient for your needs (or does not apply to you), you can apply by following these simple steps:
- Log into your personal Statewide Super Online account
- Click on the Insurance tab, followed by the ‘Insurance review’ button
- Fill in your details and submit*.
If you are having difficulty logging into your personal account, give us a call on 1300 65 18 65 and we’ll talk you through registration over the phone.
*Your application for insurance cover or your claim for an insurance benefit will be assessed and decided by the Insurer.
Insurance is provided by MetLife Insurance Limited ABN 75 004 274 882 AFSL 238096 (the Insurer). Insurance is subject to the full terms and conditions contained in the ‘insurance policy’ with the Insurer. A copy of the policy may be provided to you upon request at no charge. You will only be entitled to insurance benefits to the extent that the trustee receives insurance proceeds in respect of you under the policy with the Insurer. The trustee has a right to change the Insurer from time to time.