All the details you need to know
Who can nominate/be nominated?
You can nominate yourself or another person for a Statewide Super and LGANT Heroes Award by submitting a nomination form. As part of your entry, you can also upload a short video. An individual only has to be nominated once to be considered for an Award. Nominations need to be received by Statewide Super by 5pm Friday, 17 November 2017.
Who is eligible?
All Statewide Super Heroes and LGANT Award nominees must:
- be based in the Northern Territory
- have carried out the nominated activities in the Northern Territory
- be an individual (groups and couples are not eligible to be nominated together)
- be alive at the time of nomination (awards will not be granted posthumously)
- agree to participate in media interviews, social media and photo opportunities, with their information retained by Statewide Super for promotional purposes.
Territorians who have selflessly provided a one-off or on-going service to the community through:
- providing physical, emotional or psychological support
- displaying a commitment to the health and wellbeing of locals
- demonstrating an act of courage or exceptional judgment
- acting without remuneration or personal gain
- going over and above what a ‘reasonable person’ is expected to do.
What are the prizes?
To thank our heroes for their invaluable contribution to the Northern Territory, Statewide Super will be awarding the following prizes.
- Metro Award - $2,000 cash + $1,000 to a charity/organisation of their choice
- Regional Award - $2,000 cash + $1,000 to a charity/organisation of their choice
How are the Statewide Super Heroes Awards selected?
The panel will assess all nominations received by the closing date (Friday, 17 November 2017.) The judges will select the metro and regional winner from the applications received.
Who are the judges?
All our judges are exceptional individuals in their own right and spend their time supporting others in the community.
Tony Tapsell – Chief Executive Officer, Local Government Association NT
As the CEO of the Local Government Association NT for over 15 years, and previously holding the position of CEO of the Jabiru Town Council for over a decade, Tony has extensive experience in representing the interests of the NT community.
Debbie Sterrey – General Manager, Business Development, Statewide Super
Debbie has worked in the finance industry for over 25 years and over this time has held various senior positions. As the General Manager – Business Development and member of the Executive team at Statewide Super, Debbie is passionate about the delivery of exceptional service.
Brendan Dowd – Chief Executive Officer, Darwin Council
Having worked at the Darwin Council as CEO for over nine years, Brendan is responsible for identifying and developing innovative programs and strategies for consideration and adoption by the Council. He is passionate about Darwin and his work helps to ensure the community continues to flourish.
- Nominations open:Tuesday, 24 October – Friday, 17 November 2017
- Judging: Wednesday, 22 November to Friday, 24 November 2017
- Award winners announced: From Tuesday, 28 November 2017
Statewide Super and LGANT Heroes Awards promotional material
Please feel free to share these documents and spread the word about the Statewide Super LGANT Heroes Awards.
- Poster (Can be printed in A4 or A3 size)
- You can print this and display it at your workplace or shop front
- Information booklet
You can print or send this to your friends, family or employer to spread the word