When there are positions vacant advertised with the Statewide they will be displayed below. 'No vacancies available to list' indicates that there are currently no positions vacant.
We suggest you visit our website regularly to view our latest vacancies if you are interested in working with Statewide.
In-house Legal Secretary
We have a unique opportunity for a proven, seasoned legal secretary to join a dynamic in-house legal team providing support to the Chief Risk Officer and General Counsel & Company Secretary.
We are seeking someone enthusiastic who is a team player and able to work autonomously, is ‘hands-on’ and is able to make this role their own. You will bring energy, passion and drive to the role as you innovate, create and embrace challenges that will ensure your success.
Your role will be diverse and include:
- Extensive diary management, scheduling meetings and arranging travel
- Preparation of documents and presentations
- Word processing including amending and reformatting of documents where required
- Coordinating events including catering and other services
- Researching and preparing draft reports and papers for the Board and company Committees
- Ad-hoc project work of a legal, risk and audit nature
- Filing and records management
- General administrative duties including email management and correspondence
A major component of this role will be liaising confidently with senior staff, our Board of Directors and high-level key stakeholders across the business.
Skills and experience we’d love:
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in a similar role working for Senior Management in a legal department and/or corporate environment (experience in supporting Legal, Risk and/or Audit professionals will be highly regarded)
- The ability to anticipate the Chief Risk Officer and General Counsel & Company Secretary’s requirements in respect of their day to day activities
- Proven experience working efficiently and accurately in an environment with high volumes of work and deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional work ethic with a high level of diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to analyse situations and solve problems using initiative
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office especially Word; and
- A team-focused, ‘can-do’ attitude.
This unique role is the perfect change for a legal secretary to make the move in-house. You will have strong technical and analytical skills, high attention to detail and a proactive approach to your work.
If you would like to work for a leading, innovative organisation that values and rewards staff involvement and contribution to the business, supports professional development and offers great conditions please forward a cover letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com
All candidates who progress to offer of employment stage through our recruitment process will be subject to a National Police History Check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applications received.