Our values and behaviours
Member Only Focus
"ACT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE MEMBER"
- Connect with our members and engage with our community
- Have genuine, two-way conversations with our members, by listening actively, involving them in decision making, finding creative solutions and seeking feedback on how well we have helped
- Put ourselves in the “shoes” of our members and continuously improve our service standards to ensure they are fair, inclusive and responsive to our members’ needs
- Fully and accurately disclose information to our members and keep them informed of progress and changes
- Strive to make educated decisions which benefit all of our members, by gathering evidence of the long-term impact of our action
- Empower our members through education, improving their financial literacy and supporting them in solving problems
"BE HONEST AND ETHICAL"
- Stand up for the best interests of all of our members – what we feel is fair – even if it is hard or pushes us out of our “comfort zone”
- Question actions which are inconsistent with our organisational values and address inappropriate behaviour respectfully, confidentially and constructively
- Act as a trusted professional by being transparent, respectful, genuine and accountable
- Honour our commitments and ensure that we follow through on what we say we will do in a timely manner
- Have the courage to admit when we are wrong or have made a mistake, as well as acknowledge how our actions have impacted on others
- View learning as a continuous process where we seek new information and evidence, ask for help, reflect on our personal areas for development and view mistakes as a learning opportunity
"WORK WITH OTHERS"
- Value others by striving to see the best in them, offering support, building our colleagues up and giving credit where credit is due
- Listen to different perspectives from other departments and seek to understand their strengths, priorities and pressure points, so we can achieve common goals
- Create opportunities for people to provide input and ideas and listen carefully to their views, before we make decisions
- Extend our efforts beyond our job roles and our comfort zones, by finding ways to help others and working collaboratively to achieve our shared goals
- Willingly and proactively exchange knowledge, skills, experiences and good and bad news, to promote innovation, and give others opportunities to learn and grow
- Seek to find the positives in change, even if it is challenging, and embrace it as an opportunity to add value for our members
"TREAT PEOPLE WITH COURTESY AND KINDNESS"
- Act with professionalism and courtesy which means upholding the basics: returning phone calls, arriving on time, meeting deadlines, listening actively, following through on commitments, keeping people informed of progress and providing alternatives if outcomes cannot be met
- Listen to others’ views, stories and ideas, actively and with respectful curiosity, even when they differ from our world view
- Strive to be self-aware by managing our emotions and the impact our body language, attitude, communication and mood has on others
- Value difference, encourage flexibility, and appreciate that success comes from diversity of opinions, backgrounds, cultures, personalities and interests
- Assume positive intent and trust each other to deliver, while also remaining flexible and ready to help
- Support one another to realise our strengths, work through hard times and recognise and value all of our unique contributions